The Gillard Group, or its people, are either members of, or have regular dealings with one or more of the following professional organisations:
- International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD)
- Certified Lighting Designer (CLD) Commission
- Illuminating Engineers Society (IESANZ)
- The Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Lighting Council of Australia (LCA)
- Australian Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Engineers Australia (EA)
- Design Institute of Australia (DIA)
- The Australian Shop and Office Fitting Industry Association (ASOFIA)
Where appropriate, Gillard Group members also maintain public and professional indemnity insurances.
Lighting is a critical resource and ubiquitous product and subject to various laws. Failure to comply with lighting codes can lead to injury, death and legal liabilities. Lighting products also consume energy and materials, contribute to greenhouse emissions and landfill. The Gillard Group engages with many organisations to understand these implications and associated impacts on our designs, services and recommendations.
The Gillard Group maintains regular contact with reputable suppliers, architects, engineers, builders, interior designers, electricians and relevant research institutions to source the right product and price and provide relevant support to clients.
The Gillard Group is also engaged with Universities, art galleries, heritage authorities and charity groups. These associations help maintain our specialist knowledge in various fields.
The Gillard Group values its product independence.