Main Menu

Menu

Mary MacKillop

Mary MacKillop was declared a saint by the Roman Catholic Church in 1995.

The sculptor, the late John Elliot, carved each part from a 100 year old camphor laurel tree by hand and assembled it to create this over-sized sculpture.

The sculpture is in the Chapel (1850) adjoining St Stephen’s Cathedral all of which were lit by Steve (mentor) and Jenni.

The sculpture is Jen’s favourite art piece and symbolises her gratitude to Steve, reverence for Saint Mary’s community work and respect for John’s masterpiece and craftsmanship.